Rails 4 template
Basic Project Scaffold
16 May, 2014
- To avoid share sensitive information we configure a
config/local_env.ymlfile as is suggested in this post in the option number 3.
Usermodel with basic authentication using devise gem
- Allow registrations from facbook and it is ready to configure more social networks very easily.
/adminthere is an admin site using active-admin gem.
- There is a basic responsive bootstrap layout very easy to understand.
- There are a couple of static pages already generated: about, contact, terms and privacy page.
Create a Rails project from the template
- Clone it
- Replace rails-r4 and the word Start with the name of your project in everywhere.
- Change git origin:
git remote set-url origin git://new.url.here
- Push to the new place
How to configure the application
config/database.ymland configure it
config/local_env.ymland configure it
- run test suite
bundle exec rspec